Happy Halloween

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
44680936_2272671246294474_2852538414090158080_n.jpg

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We don't get many at our door anymore, some years none. All the kids around here have grown up and have families of their own. Still one has to be prepared so I get hubby to pick up what he likes as he's the one that has to eat the left over booty.
Such a shame we can't give out things like candied apples, home made fudge, rice krispy squares, even apples or oranges are a no-no. Unfortunately that's the world we live in today, most parents will toss these unless they know exactly where and who they came from.
When I was young I knew where all the good stuff was, Mrs. Mowatt made toffee apples, Mrs. Rafter made chocolate and maple walnut fudge, Mrs. Ranger made rice krispy squares and my mom made red candied apples. Those were the days.
The worst prank we ever pulled was to soap a few windows. One Halloween several of us were standing in front of the B.C. Hydro building and my cousin decided to do some tic tac toe with soap on the large window, she and another girl were just starting their third or fourth game and I spotted a policeman heading our way. I went to warn them, he motioned to me not to. He let them finish and then tapped them on the shoulder and said now you can clean that all off :lol:.

Boys were worse, they armed themselves with black shoe polish, any unsuspecting girl had it smeared on their faces, that was bad enough but they also got it on our clothes.
One year we actually did a good deed for an elderly couple they were always nice to us kids. We told our parents first in case the 6 of us 13-14 year olds were thought to be up to no good. This couple had just had a cord of wood dumped in their driveway, when they got up in the morning they found it stacked in their woodshed, they never did find out who did it. Trying to do it quietly was not an easy task. See we weren't bad all of the time ;).

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We don't get many at our door anymore, some years none. All the kids around here have grown up and have families of their own. Still one has to be prepared so I get hubby to pick up what he likes as he's the one that has to eat the left over booty.
Such a shame we can't give out things like candied apples, home made fudge, rice krispy squares, even apples or oranges are a no-no. Unfortunately that's the world we live in today, most parents will toss these unless they know exactly where and who they came from.
When I was young I knew where all the good stuff was, Mrs. Mowatt made toffee apples, Mrs. Rafter made chocolate and maple walnut fudge, Mrs. Ranger made rice krispy squares and my mom made red candied apples. Those were the days.
The worst prank we ever pulled was to soap a few windows. One Halloween several of us were standing in front of the B.C. Hydro building and my cousin decided to do some tic tac toe with soap on the large window, she and another girl were just starting their third or fourth game and I spotted a policeman heading our way. I went to warn them, he motioned to me not to. He let them finish and then tapped them on the shoulder and said now you can clean that all off :lol:.

Boys were worse, they armed themselves with black shoe polish, any unsuspecting girl had it smeared on their faces, that was bad enough but they also got it on our clothes.
One year we actually did a good deed for an elderly couple they were always nice to us kids. We told our parents first in case the 6 of us 13-14 year olds were thought to be up to no good. This couple had just had a cord of wood dumped in their driveway, when they got up in the morning they found it stacked in their woodshed, they never did find out who did it. Trying to do it quietly was not an easy task. See we weren't bad all of the time ;).
:love

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love red candies apples. Can anyone tell me why nobody makes them anymore? All you see are caramels ones and sometimes very fancy ones with different toppings on them.

Mary

Latest posts