Happy, happy birthday, Baby!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Carol Dee! I tuned in late this evening, hope your day was full of wonderfulness!
Thank You Thistle .... Pretty ordinary. But did get a call from my oldest brother wishing me a Happy Birthday and saying I LOVE YOU! Something I have heard him say maybe twice in the last 30 years!!!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A belated... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!
What a wonderful priceless gift from your brother. :hugs

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A belated... HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!
What a wonderful priceless gift from your brother. :hugs
Thanks Lavender2, it really was. Last time was a call he made after our house fire and he was so relived we where all o.k. He really in not the kind of guy to just say *I love you * often.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry I missed your day! Hope you had a wonderful Birthday! Silly me, I thought it was "Baby's" birthday- and I didn't think I knew her!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why do men have such a hard time saying those words?
It is not just men with that problem. I have seen it in the older generation of German descent. It took several years of constant "teaching" by example to get my Scotch/German DH to say it for no apparent reason. It took longer to get him comfortable with my touchy-feely habit of a short touch or pat every time we passed within touching distance in the hall, in doorways, etc. (no PDA's which neither of us appreciate).

I figured it had something to do with letting the 'fates' know someone or something was important to you on the theory that they wouldn't take it away if they didn't know.

When DH's mother was going into surgery (at 75 yo) DH leaned over, gave her a kiss and said, "I love you." She seemed stunned before replying, "yes, me too." She had seldom ever said those words once the kids were grown.

Latest posts