Happy Independence Day

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little rainy here, followed by sunshine, steam and muggy wet heat. Blech.
Going to Ikea in Houston to purchase latex mattress for DD and DSIL. Will take to them later. DH has never been to Ikea. I think if you follow the arrows on the floor and look at EVERYTHING it is walking 3 miles. Poor DH. BWA-HA-HA

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just finished seeing oursmall town parade. Lots of fun seeing people I know in it and seeing others on the sidelines. Now on to making a peach cobbler for our bbq.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy INDEPENDENCE DAY to all of you in the United States of America today!

The :loveFourth of July :lovealways tugs at my heartstrings. It is by far more than picnics and fireworks.

So many people seem to have forgotten -- or sadly never learned -- how exceptional our country is in the world. Not :tongue"we're-better-let's-lord-it-over-other-cultures" :tongue exceptional because we are not, but as part of a viable experiment in self-government not seen elsewhere now or ever before, we are exceptional in the history of the world.

:thumbsup To keep the USA exceptional, each one of us should remember every year on this special day to "pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor" toward upholding the documents that cement our exceptionally.

Last edited:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate this holiday, my kennel is between 2 country clubs. Each one tries to out do the other with fireworks. For hours tonight it would sound like a battle field. I am most likey the only person who is happy its pouring all weekend ruining the fireworks.The dogs get so stress from the noise. I alway have a full kennel this time of year.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Poor puppies! My Great Pyrenees goes nuts barking and hiding under the deck. I can just imagine her X 10 or X 20..... Gheesh.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
In our town of 17,500 people... we get 360* view of FIREWORKS, BOMBS, GUNFIRE , SPARKLERS, ETC.. Everyone has a BLAST as everyone tries to outdo their neighbors. Just as good if not better as any large town official fireworks event, and all we have to do is just go out the front ( or back ) door and enjoy the displays. :celebrate Quite a few started to sharpen their manrksmanship on July 1 and continuing their skills even on this morning.

Latest posts