Happy Lettuce!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This year my lettuce is very happy!! Here are some pictures from the other day.

This is my lettuce under the Apricot tree. The seed is a special blend from a famous restaurant, but I forgot the name of the restaurant.

011109LettuceUnderApricotTreeemail.jpg

Here is more lettuce in the green house next to the back door.

011109HappyLettuceplantsinGreenhous.jpg

This is the wheelbarrow garden I planted last spring, the Italian Parsley has about taken over!!

011109Wheelbarrowgardenemail.jpg

And here is my first pea!! They are Oregon Giants that will get bigger as the weather warms up a bit.

011109FirstPeaseamil.jpg

I am itching for Spring now that the seed catalogues are coming in the mail.

Pottingflower.gif

RDRANCH

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love the wheelbarrow planter! Do you drainage holes in the bottom? I have several of the metal containers without the handles or wheels and would love to put them to good use. Any info you could give would be great! Thanks:)

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RDRANCH said:
I love the wheelbarrow planter! Do you drainage holes in the bottom? I have several of the metal containers without the handles or wheels and would love to put them to good use. Any info you could give would be great! Thanks:)
It doesn't have drainage holes per se. I put a layer of rocks, then filled it about half full with native soil, and last I put Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil. I LOVE that stuff!!!! It works so well here in the desert helping to keep the soil from drying out so quickly in our horrible summer heat.

RDRANCH

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I am definately going to use them this year!:) Try to grow things here in eastern Colorado is not that much different from your location. Summers are always very hot and dry and planting mixes with water absorbing ploymers are well worth using.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Makes me ache for spring as I sit here in the sub zero zone! <sigh>

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
RDRANCH said:
Thanks for the info I am definately going to use them this year!:) Try to grow things here in eastern Colorado is not that much different from your location. Summers are always very hot and dry and planting mixes with water absorbing ploymers are well worth using.
What I like about the new Moisture Control potting soil by Miracle Grow is that it contains a natural fiber called Coir, which is made from the outer husk portion of the coconut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coir

It holds water great! And doesn't get all soggy. I wish I could find a place that sells it for cheap!!

Latest posts