Happy (or not) Groundhogs Day.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well any insane groundhog that would leave his/her cozy burrow today would SEE his/her shadow here. :( SIX more WEEKS . Argh....
untitled.png

A good day to sit and knit !!!

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
DS and i got up before daylight this morning to go ground hog hunting to make sure that giant rat didn't see his shadow but we failed miserably! dang him and sunlight! (crying softly) i don't think i can stand 6 more gray dreary weeks of this.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS and i got up before daylight this morning to go ground hog hunting to make sure that giant rat didn't see his shadow but we failed miserably! dang him and sunlight! (crying softly) i don't think i can stand 6 more gray dreary weeks of this.
:yuckyuck

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we all need to think positively and we will have a early spring with bountiful crops throughout the 2015 season.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got 10 inches of snow today ! Last year NYC mayor dropped the groundhog, he died a couple weeks later.
He probably dropped him after the darn thing bit him. Groundhogs can be surly.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't seen the moon ... I haven't seen the stars!!

What were we talking about? Anyway, i just realized that I went through the entire month of January without seeing the stars except for ONE night! And hey, I'm spending half of my waking life without benefit of daylight, up here at 48° North latitude!

Nope, no groundhog would have seen his shadow on this snowy/rainy day. (Sorry for that sentence having a double negative but just consider in light of the holiday.)

Steve
:barnie

Latest posts