Happy St. Paddy Day

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not in green. No reason to dress for the day and just stay home, but green is in my blood. McCartney -- my mother's maiden name -- adds an Irish flair to the hodge-podge of European bloodlines along with a kiss of Native American -- from a Canadian branch.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No wearing but I did have a green salad for lunch, with a lime soda (not green also, like all sodas of the Dry Brand the lime is colorless)

I don't drink on St. Patrick's day (or indeed at any other time) so it is a real relief that this year it is not Wednesday, so I could stay at home (Every time I go into the city on St. Pat's people keep thinking I actually AM Irish (you'd be surprised how many people think that if you have red in your hair (or in my case, beard) you must have some Irish/Scottish blood) and try and buy me Guinnesses. I HATE how those people act (to use a aphorism I came up with with my knowledge of Celtic mytology "St' Patrick's day: when people dress as leprechauns...and act like clurichauns."

So instead I took some time and listened to Irish folk songs I am fond of. A quick play of "The Belle of Belfast City", "Mrs. Fogarty's Christmas cake" and so on.

And of course, THIS to finish since it always makes me feel more brave.

(Note: I know I probably should have picked an actual Irish group for the link, but this was the version I grew up with, and it's still my favorite version (I think the death march drum really sells)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was sent by my school district to Washington DC for a week of meetings related to gifted and talented programming. Rather than fly, I drove along with my parents and my 6th grade son. During the day they toured the city while I attended meetings (and threw up -- I was sick the whole week). Only the fact that I filmed all the meetings I attended insured I learned something.

Anyway, across from the hotel was an Irish Pub. It was open 24 hours a day and served meals. It was my son's favorite eating site during that week. Nothing says Ireland like listening to tenors singing all those beautiful Irish ballads over and over and over.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary in my eyes your perfect just the way you are.
Dog gone it Nyboy, you're going to make me cry. :hit You are such a sweetheart. :love

Tossing the idea of going to Ny in October. Not sure if it's in the budget since we're going to Cabo San Lucas in June and husband is going to Argentina in April. But I'm working on him. ;)

Mary