Happy valentine day

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad you are having it done Cat. My mom had colon cancer so I have to go every 5 years. I think I'm due this summer.

The good thing is that it will be behind you (no pun intended) and you will be able to enjoy your evening show.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy St. Valentine's Day!

I got my usual box of chocolates ... I like sweets but don't tell her, I'd rather have cookies ;)

She has her usual decorated cake from the baker. It's a pretty thing and has strawberries but she isn't much for sweets, & doesn't really like chocolates ... I bet she gives me more than half the cake and I'll eat nearly all of the candy ... good thing it isn't the 2# box DD gave me at Christmas!

We have news that 2 seed shipments were already made! Dang! Not much over 24 hours!

I didn't dig the car outta the driveway since us olde people had no plans for traveling. The nearest Weather Service office just posted a picture. They say a little over 7" of snow and I think that is what I've been shoveling out of the yard and off the sidewalk today :).

WS.JPG

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today is our 22nd anniversary. We celebrated with DH having a stress test. We actually went out to dinner last week, to avoid the Valentine's Day rush at the restaurants. We've been sick with head colds and Monday came down with stomach virus that had us running to the toilet for two days. So today we just did what we had to do and came back home. On our 19th anniversary, we moved to our new home! We really know how to celebrate!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got up early and went to church since it is not only Valentine's Day but also Ash Wednesday. Ashes, fasting, and NO meat. Not a problem because all my food is one flavored tofu or another. Son gave one red rose, then left the grands with me and took wife out for supper and away for the night. . . . third overnighter this week. It seems a good friend offered them his room in a plush hotel in Lake Geneva, WIsconsin.

Met with a friend and co-worker of Clayton's to talk politics at breakfast, before stopping at the clinic for 'food'. Then I ran around town for a while killing time and went to Mass again. Skipped ashes this time. Made a short visit to the Adoration Chapel for awhile before going home and texting the grands to see if they wanted a Valentine's supper out with me. Tied! One yes and one no.

I picked the girl up after band practice and took Gypsy and her friend out to Culver's then to the Dollor Tree. Shopping done, I dropped the girls off at their respective homes and went to evening Mass. "Would I like to do the scripture readings?" Luckily I was reasonably tidy so read I did. I also managed to share quite a few Valentine's Day hugs with fellow parish friends I suspected had no family around to wish them a special day.

With temperatures at 41 degrees and a lot of sunshine, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. At least until dusk brought in fog. Before attempting the drive home through the fog, I stopped to order a Calzone for Maverick. Then with both grands well fed, I made my own supper and. .. and. . . and here I am, reading the day's posts and wishing all of you a very Happy Valentine's Day.

zome

Latest posts