harlequin bugs

annageckos

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These things are everywhere in both my flower and veggie gardens. They are on my collard greens, cabbage, cleome flowers and today I saw them on nasturtiums too. My cabbage and collards didn't stand a chance this year between the harlequin bugs and cabbage whites. The harlequin bugs also killed most of my cleome plants, I guess that is why they are moving onto the nasturtiums now. I have hand pick an uncountable amount of these bugs and eggs, but they are still all over. I have seen these before, but they never caused a problem. I think it may have been the mild winter and wet summer. I want to be ready for them next year, and the cabbage whites. I want to try BT I think it is called, anyone have any experience with it, any advice? What can I do for the harlequin bugs? I have seen a ton of big fat praying mantis and more spiders then I can to think about.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You may be right about the weather. Usually they aren't numerous enough to cause real damage. Stink bugs like those are resistant to a lot of sprays. If you have to you can use spinosad and stay organic.

Latest posts