Has anyone had this happen to their corn before? Pics

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I noticed that three of my corn plants had kernels growing on the bottom of the tassle. I've never seen this before and was wondering if it is common and what may have caused this to happen. My only guess is the ants crawling up and down the plant. I tried one of the kernels and it tasted just like...corn.

5636_s6300002.jpg

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Funny that you posted this!

Yesterday I was out watering and found the same thing! At first I thought I was some sort of bug larvae....upon closer inspection I realized they were corn kernels...very odd.

I would love to hear the cause, so I will be watching this thread!

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Funny as it sounds, that does kinda make sense. They are genetically altering everything nowadays and something is bound to go haywire once in a while. Compare notes. Did you guys plant the same variety of corn? curiouser and curiouser. :rolleyes:

adeledamate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I bought my seeds from Seeds of Change because I really wanted only organic and nothing genetically modified. Maybe it's something in our terribly polluted air?

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well this is very concerning!
My seeds are Ferry Morse "Early Sunglow Hybrid"

Kind of creepy.

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok, I guess it is just one of God's little jokes on us, lest we get to big for our britches and forget who's really in charge. :)

Latest posts