Has anyone ordered from Burgess?

lnm03

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
setter4 said:
lnm03 said:
Texan said:
I am really really unhappy with them right now. When we ordered they acted as if the order would be sent right out. We finally got our seeds after we gave up and went to the nursery and bought plants. We still have not gotten our blue potatos. Its been 7 weeks or so now. It may be just our order that got screwed up but I am a little ticked off about it. I would have been fine with their timeline ifin they would have just been honest.
I placed my first order with them this year (I have NEVER ordered seeds before) and when I ordered they were SO nice. I called back 4 days later because the charge had not appeared on my bank account and they said oh your seed are getting shipped soon your charge will appear tomorrow.....It did but a week later still no seeds.

So I called back on a thursday and the guy said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked him if they had left yet and he said no. So, naturally I said well they wont be here tomorrow if they havent left yet and he said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked how if they were not in the mail yet and he said well thats just what my system says. I asked to speak with a manger and they told me they ship seeds 1-2 weeks from order date which in my case 2 weeks was March 2nd. I received SOME not all of my seeds 2 days ago.

I am not too thrilled with my customer service from them so I am not sure if I will order from them next year. I have been told several different things by several different people. Who knows! :idunno

edited for typo's!
The good news is that there are DOZENS of seed companies you can try next time! :)
Good luck!
I ordered from Gurneys too and have had GREAT service from them!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have emailed them and called now with no response to anything I've slung there way?!

I ordered my berries on the 7th, and have not been charged or heard anything back yet. I try to check there system where its been telling me "Shipping soon" to where it now says "Shipping information for this order number is not available".

Still no one is answering the phone or emails. (I do get an automated response that says "Your email has been received and you will get a response in 24-48 hours." My rear end!) :he

gumpsgirl

Leafing Out
Reaction score
This is great info. to know everyone, since I have never ordered seeds before either.

I did place an order from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds last week and I really hope it doesn't take months to get my seeds from them. Their website says orders typically take 1-2 weeks to process and ship, so I guess we'll see.

gumpsgirl

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Guess what?!?! My order arrived from Baker today! Holy cow that was quick!

If you all are looking for fast shipping on your seeds, this is the company to order from, IMO. :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes and my seeds from Johnny's seeds came today :D , i just sent the order last friday and i received it already thats pretty quick. Well i did kind of ask them to please rush deliver it because i would need to plant soon. They have great service and i was shocked when they sent me an e-mail yesterday letting me know that my order was being shipped. This is my first time ordering from here and i cant wait to start planting. I got cucumber, melon, beets, pumpkin, barley, and a few others.

I've ordered from burgess plenty of times, as a matter of fact this was the first company i've ordered from when starting out in the world of gardening. They seem to ship ok, but occassionally i do get items a little late. They do send free items with every order which is a plus.
Burgess has a lot of great deals when it comes to plants/seeds, their a little on the small side when you'll recieve them but they grow pretty quickly.