Has anyone ordered from Burgess?

gumpsgirl

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am getting ready to place and order with them but am unsure about their regular seed packet sizes and how much I should order.

Can anyone help me in determining the sizes of the packets?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I get their cataloges but have not ordered from them... sorry~

gumpsgirl

Leafing Out
Reaction score
That's alright!

I guess I'll go ahead, place my order and see what I get. :)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
most of the time the catalog will tell you how many seeds to a packet...the smaller the seed the more per oz...also most seed companies cater to the home gardener so you may get 100 carrot seeds per packet or 30 tomato seeds or 10 squash seeds...

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am really really unhappy with them right now. When we ordered they acted as if the order would be sent right out. We finally got our seeds after we gave up and went to the nursery and bought plants. We still have not gotten our blue potatos. Its been 7 weeks or so now. It may be just our order that got screwed up but I am a little ticked off about it. I would have been fine with their timeline ifin they would have just been honest.

lnm03

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Texan said:
I am really really unhappy with them right now. When we ordered they acted as if the order would be sent right out. We finally got our seeds after we gave up and went to the nursery and bought plants. We still have not gotten our blue potatos. Its been 7 weeks or so now. It may be just our order that got screwed up but I am a little ticked off about it. I would have been fine with their timeline ifin they would have just been honest.
I placed my first order with them this year (I have NEVER ordered seeds before) and when I ordered they were SO nice. I called back 4 days later because the charge had not appeared on my bank account and they said oh your seed are getting shipped soon your charge will appear tomorrow.....It did but a week later still no seeds.

So I called back on a thursday and the guy said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked him if they had left yet and he said no. So, naturally I said well they wont be here tomorrow if they havent left yet and he said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked how if they were not in the mail yet and he said well thats just what my system says. I asked to speak with a manger and they told me they ship seeds 1-2 weeks from order date which in my case 2 weeks was March 2nd. I received SOME not all of my seeds 2 days ago.

I am not too thrilled with my customer service from them so I am not sure if I will order from them next year. I have been told several different things by several different people. Who knows! :idunno

edited for typo's!

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lnm03 said:
Texan said:
I placed my first order with them this year (I have NEVER ordered seeds before) and when I ordered they were SO nice. I called back 4 days later because the charge had not appeared on my bank account and they said oh your seed are getting shipped soon your charge will appear tomorrow.....It did but a week later still no seeds.

So I called back on a thursday and the guy said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked him if they had left yet and he said no. So, naturally I said well they wont be here tomorrow if they havent left yet and he said they will be there Friday or Monday I asked how if they were not in the mail yet and he said well thats just what my system says. I asked to speak with a manger and they told me they ship seeds 1-2 weeks from order date which in my case 2 weeks was March 2nd. I received SOME not all of my seeds 2 days ago.

I am not too thrilled with my customer service from them so I am not sure if I will order from them next year. I have been told several different things by several different people. Who knows! :idunno

edited for typo's!
The good news is that there are DOZENS of seed companies you can try next time! :)
Good luck!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
setter4 said:
lnm03 said:
Texan said:

edited for typo's!
The good news is that there are DOZENS of seed companies you can try next time! :)
Good luck!
:woot

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've ordered from Parkseed 3 times now... but I ordered strawberries last friday. Checking on my order it has said 'shipping soon' ever since. I emailed them saturday to let them know that the page on their site says that the strawberries ship in "Fall"? So could they clarify the actual ship time and when I could expect them to ship my order to me. Its now next friday and I have not received an email back yet?

I'm not too happy and I'm planning on calling the 800# tomorrow to find out where they are, or when they will come. My neighbor ordered from Gurney's and his strawberries came on Monday.... he ordered them on Thursday.

Latest posts