Have I gone nuts?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got my trees from the arbortree foundation online. Good info, and great trees!!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Here's a weird thing, I have a neighbor with a sheep... I don't know who, and I don't know where... but I keep hearing "Baaaaaaaaaaaah" when I walk down the road. Sounds like a baby! I giggle, and my husband just looks at me and says "NO!"

:lol:
Don't be too sure it really is a sheep. In Oklahoma I heard what you described and hunted all over the woods for a "lost" sheep. When I finally tracked it down (I had to sit real still for almost an hour because the baaing stopped whenever I got close) it turned out to be, of all things, the mating call of a tiny gray tree frog.

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hoodat said:
vfem said:
Here's a weird thing, I have a neighbor with a sheep... I don't know who, and I don't know where... but I keep hearing "Baaaaaaaaaaaah" when I walk down the road. Sounds like a baby! I giggle, and my husband just looks at me and says "NO!"

:lol:
Don't be too sure it really is a sheep. In Oklahoma I heard what you described and hunted all over the woods for a "lost" sheep. When I finally tracked it down (I had to sit real still for almost an hour because the baaing stopped whenever I got close) it turned out to be, of all things, the mating call of a tiny gray tree frog.
:lol: This reminds me of the other day. I hit a deer so since I'm 7 months pregnant I had to go hang out the hospital for a bit. There was a brand new baby crying. We were laughing so hard because we forgot how much they sound like cats meowing.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
While we're on the subject; We have a mockingbird that now imitates the phone ringing. Ran upstairs three times before I figured that one out. He's that good! :th

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last summer there was a strange mechanical sound that came from the field in back of our house. sort of a beeping like an alarm, every 20 seconds or so. For hours. For days. Never found out what it was.

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Last summer there was a strange mechanical sound that came from the field in back of our house. sort of a beeping like an alarm, every 20 seconds or so. For hours. For days. Never found out what it was.
Peeper frog, maybe?

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
so lucky said:
Peeper frog, maybe?
Peeper frog hiding in a tree. Sorry made me laugh.:D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have lots of peepers around here, but this was different-hard to explain. More like an alarm on a cheap battery clock, but not that frequent. Oh well, it's over now. Run down or dead....:hu

Latest posts