Have I gone nuts?

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just chatting and laughing is fun! After all the thread is about me going nuts.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ninny said:
hoodat said:
vfem said:
Here's a weird thing, I have a neighbor with a sheep... I don't know who, and I don't know where... but I keep hearing "Baaaaaaaaaaaah" when I walk down the road. Sounds like a baby! I giggle, and my husband just looks at me and says "NO!"

:lol:
Don't be too sure it really is a sheep. In Oklahoma I heard what you described and hunted all over the woods for a "lost" sheep. When I finally tracked it down (I had to sit real still for almost an hour because the baaing stopped whenever I got close) it turned out to be, of all things, the mating call of a tiny gray tree frog.
:lol: This reminds me of the other day. I hit a deer so since I'm 7 months pregnant I had to go hang out the hospital for a bit. There was a brand new baby crying. We were laughing so hard because we forgot how much they sound like cats meowing.
That is funny!

No, I'm so very sure its a sheep in someone's back yard (We live in a neighborhood, but its like a commune of wanna be farmers, we all have weird animals and lots of funky gardens).... we do have these tree frogs that sound like wimpering puppies. Took me months to figure out what it was, but I followed the sound one night into a potted plant and there was the frog!

And I feel for all of you with mocking birds, not only at the annoying with constant changing sounds... but they do it all night as well as day! UGH

Ok... so off topic, sorry Mary!

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
And I feel for all of you with mocking birds, not only at the annoying with constant changing sounds... but they do it all night as well as day! UGH
You're kidding, right? I love to sit in my lounge chair and whistle at them and they answer back. :)

Sorry again Ninny. :rolleyes:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't want to pop your bubble, but...maybe you need to dream about how to protect those trees from the sheep who love to girdle them and eat all the bark and leaves and whatever else they can reach...they are only slightly better than goats, who will stand on their hind legs to get higher! :th

ninny

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
No problem everyone!

peteyfoozer- I thought I had read that mini sheep manly babydoll southdowns dont do that. Did my google search lie to me?
Edited to add I am going to look into berries instead of trees. Seems the up front costs would be less.