Have you named your farm or garden?

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Webster's defines "farm" as "a tract of land, usually with a house, barn, silo, etc., on which crops and often livestock are raised for livelihood." By that definition, I guess many of us here are farmers......yeah!

We have just over 2 & 1/2 acres that we are trying to turn into a productive farm. We haven't decided on a name yet, but Cornucopia is at the top of the list so far. I'd like something a little more intriguing than that, since it implies veggies and fruits but not chickens and (maybe someday if I get the farm pond filled) trout.

One of the gardens is The Perennial Garden and another is The Purple and Yellow Garden, both very boring but descriptive names.

Have you named your farm and gardens? What was your inspiration?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We called ours "Fogl's Roost"

Obviously where WE live, and sleep... also implying that I have chickens, which I do. :D

My neighbors think I'm crazy... but we're more of a homestead hobby farm then a production one because we only have an acre.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You can call my place "The Garden of Weedin" LOL...opps, where did I put that fig leaf?

:lol::lol:

Ron

To be honest though, when I built my current chicken house I inscribed "House of Jubilee" into the concrete. My very first cochin hen was taken by a predator which prompted the building of the new chicken house; so I commemorated it by this inscription. Her name was Jubilee Chicken. She is so dearly missed.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I may name my "farm"....if a tiny suburban lot counts with 6 ducks, a garden, lots of herbs, a shed, 2 grape vines, a pear tree and 2 apple trees :D

I may end up selling eggs at some point so I thought a name would be nice. Maybe "Blue Feather Farm" since my Welsh Harlequin drake left me some AWESOME feathers from his last molt. They are the shiny speculum feathers.

Another possibility is DEAD CAT FARM...because if my senile 20 year old cat wakes me up at 3 am again...or my obnoxious 13 year old cat claws my leg because I am typing instead of petting her....THERE ARE GOING TO BE DEAD CATS HERE!!!!

5azsisters

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ours is called the Riverhouse Our kids all started calling that. Now it's "Let's go up to the Riverhouse" when they want to come visit. The they fight over who gets the "cabin" out back. :rolleyes:

Latest posts