"Hawaii" tomatoes...

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all...

I recently read that there's a particular heirloom tomato variety ("Hawaii") that originated in and around the south georgia area...
Has anyone heard of it, and where can I get some seed or young plants??

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It means it's self fertile. It has both parts so to speak :) A lot of legumes do this.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hmmmm , Athena I have been growing many heirloom tomatoes for quite a few years now and the only Heirlooms I know of with that name in the title are: Hawaiin Pineapple and Hawaiin Current. Hawaiin Pineapple is a beefsteak and I believe originated in Kentucky. It is a golden yellow and absolutely deliciuose (sp). The Hawaiin current I am not to familiar with but you can do a search on it. I would be interested in knowing if their is a heirloom tomato called Hawaii and from Georgia. Good luck.

Ummm...Holliewould I think you reply is for a different subject that has to do with beans or peas! I think your response somehow got misplaced!! !LOL

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We've grown hundreds of varieties over the years and I've never heard of one called Hawaii. However I've emailed a few friends and fellow tomato growers to see if they have.

Keep searchin!

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank You Barefoot, and Oakland.....

I will research and get more info.. on that variety, if indeed it exists...
(from what I have been told, its from the Valdosta area of Georgia.. and why it's called Hawaii??.... ))

But, .... I did order some heirloom Everglades tomatoes.. which I am excited to try out. Cherry variety..

Thanks again....

holliewould

Leafing Out
Reaction score
barefootgardener said:
Hmmmm , Athena I have been growing many heirloom tomatoes for quite a few years now and the only Heirlooms I know of with that name in the title are: Hawaiin Pineapple and Hawaiin Current. Hawaiin Pineapple is a beefsteak and I believe originated in Kentucky. It is a golden yellow and absolutely deliciuose (sp). The Hawaiin current I am not to familiar with but you can do a search on it. I would be interested in knowing if their is a heirloom tomato called Hawaii and from Georgia. Good luck.

Ummm...Holliewould I think you reply is for a different subject that has to do with beans or peas! I think your response somehow got misplaced!! !LOL
Hmmm you're right, and i have no clue how that happened. :)

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry but no Tutter. That tomato is a hybrid, and Athena is looking for an Heirloom variety called Hawaii. But thanks anyways for looking.

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well Dace I dont know if that is the one Athena is referring to or not, but good luck with your heirloom Hawaiin Pineapple. It is a terrific one !:)

Latest posts