He who lives by the Saw, shall surely Saw by it Also

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
After I|'m done misusing military intellegence to blow up the Belladonnas in my garden :rolleyes: ... I have another poison-threat, the Plum Sallow (Principes principes). I will post pictures of it's lovely femme fatale flowers later once Iget them uploaded. So beautiful and fragrant! I just can't bring myself to martyr that bush when it's in bloom...

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yeppers. It's also called Rhododendron pricipes, but it's different enough to be reclassified.
8835_mary_and_annie_-_made_by_jesus_050.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't find PRICIPES as either a sub genus nor as a species, and I checked other ways to spell it.

Wow, what kind of camera do you use? Awesome photo! I have a hard time getting the auto focus to pick up the right spot like that, and usually takes 5 or 6 tries to get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhododendron

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
And I just found out that I was misinformed. It's from that family. That big, huge family.... Wait here, I'll be back with the search results in 6 hours....

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think i've heard that plant referred to as some sort of honey suckle around here. i have a bush that looks just like it on the side of my garage. i know they are now considered an invasive plant here in NH but years ago people went crazy for them so everyone seems to have them in their yards.