Heading over to the dark side folks!

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I have done it. We are getting two chickens this weekend or sometime next week. They are one year olds, one RIR and one red sex link. We are really excited. Now I have to go out and get the chicken wire up and clean out the old chicken house. Have 30 fuzzy butts ordered for the end of August. :weee

I am really happy that my new family members will enjoy the benefits of my garden. :tools

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The dark side..... :lol:

better come on over to backyardchickens.com/forum and join the rest of us on the dark side :rose

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
only two...it won't be long and it'll be 2 dozen.
Thanks for the plug Amy-gotta keep us chicken peeps together.
BYC rocks!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
woo hoo -- the chickens claim another convert :D I was supposed to only have 3, just for eggs you understand, and at the moment we have 16 (plus some broiler chicks ordered for next month but that doesn't really count) and I will be hatching our own speckled sussexes next spring to increase things further :p

Have fun and post pix when you get them!!

Pat

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I actually started on BYC and migrated over here. :D

:weee

I am Bulldog-girl over there.

amyquilt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
ahhhh....so you were already in the "gray area" anyway, and just finally fell. lol

Nubsmum

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yah, I started thinking about getting chickens a few months back. With all the things we have going(raising bulldogs etc) hubby thought I needed chickens like I need a hole in the head.

We had them 15 years ago when we first moved to our property(house came with a great barn, pole barn and chicken house) so I got chickens then. Back then I paid $3 each for laying Auracanas. Anyway, kids were little and there was just too much going on at the time that we gave them to a friend.

Now I am ready again and finally convince hubby that we really "needed" chickens. I started "googling" chickens and ended up on BYC. It was so fun even though I didn't have any. I have learned so much from that site as well as this one. It is so cool to share info. I am sure if we had internet back 15 years ago I may have kept chickens all this time.

So 15 years later. I guess I have "chicken" in the blood. :D

Dace

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am dying to get some chickens! We live in suburbia and while city code allows it, our HOA is going to be another story.
This winter I plan to work on them so that I can get some next spring....unless of course I can find a way to make it happen sooner :)

Latest posts