Heat source for greenhouse?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
JackB that looks like the green house I am looking at. Is it 6x8 ft? I live in Ohio which has the most unpredictable weather. If I could grow in a green house I could down size some of my gardening and increase my actual veggie production because we could have a fresh as the store puts out. Fresher because it wouldn't be shipped from Mexico or beyond.
Yes, it is the same greenhouse. I would not worry about surviving Ohio weather. I have had it for five years, and if it can survive in upstate New York, it can survive anywhere. It just survived hurricane Irene without any damage at all. I grow all my own greens to avoid pesticides used commercially. On average, when you buy produce in the market, it is a week old and has lost 60% of its nutrient value.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
jackb said:
HunkieDorie23 said:
JackB that looks like the green house I am looking at. Is it 6x8 ft? I live in Ohio which has the most unpredictable weather. If I could grow in a green house I could down size some of my gardening and increase my actual veggie production because we could have a fresh as the store puts out. Fresher because it wouldn't be shipped from Mexico or beyond.
Yes, it is the same greenhouse. I would not worry about surviving Ohio weather. I have had it for five years, and if it can survive in upstate New York, it can survive anywhere. It just survived hurricane Irene without any damage at all. I grow all my own greens to avoid pesticides used commercially. On average, when you buy produce in the market, it is a week old and has lost 60% of its nutrient value.
Yeah most places have the Snap and Grow greenhouses on sale right now and I think that with a little work you can actually get your money back in the first year. And really the 6x8 looks like a great sizes for the average home.