Hello all

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Luckily I found this site through backyard chickens. There is a lot I must learn about gardening, the easiest way possible because bending is not an option for me. Looking forward to finding ideas in here and getting to know the community

🙆‍♀️

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Marie! Glad you found us. Tell us a little bit about yourself? What do you like to grow? Any chickens? We also love pictures!

Mary

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from South Louisiana where the water ebbs and surges with the tide. Glad you found us.

If you modify your profile to show your general location it will always be available. I'm getting old, I can't always remember that. I can't think of any current active member from the UK but we have some others from around the world.

What do you pan to grow and what do you have to work with. We love photos and they can help us understand your situation. Not bending sounds like raised beds or container gardening.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hello and welcome to TEG. :) we are in mid-Michigan here.

it is pretty difficult to garden without bending.

to me that would mean something like tubs about 4 feet tall and about 2 feet wide and that is not an inexpensive thing to do and those tubs eventually need maintenance...

i have a lot of body quirks which mean it takes some efforts for me to figure out how to do some things here. for close weeding in a garden instead of crouching or bending over much of the time i use pillows to sit on the ground instead so i don't have to bend my lower back as often, but it still has to happen getting down and up. at times i will even lay down on several ground pillows to do some very close up weeding. often i end up watching bugs or something too while i am there. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hello and welcome to TEG. :) we are in mid-Michigan here.

it is pretty difficult to garden without bending.

to me that would mean something like tubs about 4 feet tall and about 2 feet wide and that is not an inexpensive thing to do and those tubs eventually need maintenance...

i have a lot of body quirks which mean it takes some efforts for me to figure out how to do some things here. for close weeding in a garden instead of crouching or bending over much of the time i use pillows to sit on the ground instead so i don't have to bend my lower back as often, but it still has to happen getting down and up. at times i will even lay down on several ground pillows to do some very close up weeding. often i end up watching bugs or something too while i am there. :)
Thanks for the good advice, I like the pot idea and laying to garden. Having a sloped garden I was hoping to set up raised boxes into a sort step lay out, meaning I can walk between the mini gardens to attend any veg I want to grow, but would love to cover if that's at all possible. So much to work out here I'm afraid, was promised by countless people about assisting me, with payment but the usually don't turn up to fo the work . So will have to battle through on my own .🌳

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Is there a way we can edit our posts so I can repair my mistakes? 😌