Hello all!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:welcome from Central IL and WE need to talk! I would post a picture of this volunteer rose, but I am on vacation, pictures will have to wait.
I have this ~3 ft tall, ~2 ft wide volunteer white wild type rose that nobody ever planted. It's not in a terrible place, right along a fenceline, but my horses are the only ones who get to enjoy it, and I need to move it.
I am guessing it is a wild rose bc it is LOADED with gobs of thorns, but covered with fragrant flowers.
Any advice? Thanks! :hugs

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Need to determine what rose it is. If it is a multiflora I suggest you kill it out. Those can be really invasive. You might do an online search to see if it fits the description or maybe wait until you can take photos. I had those in Arkansas, a real pain in more ways than one.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Mike Kelly from Nashville! Glad you joined! My sis & her hubby and my brother and his family all migrated to Nashville, left me here is SE Missouri. 😢. It's a great place to visit, tho.
Are you into the old world type roses, or modern hybrids? We love pictures, so feel free to post.

Latest posts