Hello everyone

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I live on the Southern tip of Africa, so complete opposite seasons from most of you I think. I've been getting lots of gardening tips here already though. My gardening interests are vegetables, herbs and succulents. We used to own a small plant nursery and I grew and sold succulents, simply because they are sooo easy to grow, even I couldn't mess up :p We are planning a move to Europe sometime in the next 2-3 years though, so I figured I'd start learning about growing veggies in a colder (and wetter!) place than ours.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow

Howdy and welcome!

Oh South Africa is where lots of plants come from originally. Amazing how just in the past year I've had 2 friends who do not know each went to South Africa at the same time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! It will be so much fun for you to get to know us and for us to know you. I love comparing gardening experiences with people from other places. It is fun to learn about other climates and plants that grow in different places. Here in hot southeast Texas, I can grow a winter garden all winter long. I can keep something growing all year around. I can't wait to hear about your garden!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome to the forum! :celebrate Glad you joined us! :frow

There is a Sumi that is a moderator over on the chicken forum. She recently moved from Africa to Ireland, maybe a year or two ago. I always enjoy chatting with that Sumi and Im sure well all enjoy chatting with you.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Sumi. I think you will enjoy it hear. We are all willing to help each other out with our gardening joys and lows.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, Sumi. Glad to have you growing with us.

I have cyber-friends in many parts of the world. You may be my first in Africa, we shall see as we learn and share here.

I used to have lots of succulents. Once I retired, I lost all my big, sunny windows. This house is built with its back in a wooded area and the front windows face a shady north so I don't have much room for most of them any longer.

My focus that past 8 years has switched from flowers - mostly perennials - to heirloom and open pollinated veggies.

Latest posts