Hello everyone

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
:frow Welcome to the forum! :celebrate Glad you joined us! :frow

There is a Sumi that is a moderator over on the chicken forum. She recently moved from Africa to Ireland, maybe a year or two ago. I always enjoy chatting with that Sumi and Im sure well all enjoy chatting with you.
That's me :) We did a stint in Ireland, but had to come back to sort out some family business. We are going back though and this time I want to start a garden there. (Note to self: go in Spring this time!). I would like to learn as much as possible about growing veg in that climate, which is so different from ours. It's as dry here as it is wet there.

Friend of ours asked us to help them get more self-sufficient on their farm while we're here, so we've got some chickens (of course!) and I'm working on a vegetable garden at the moment. We may also need a pig or 2 to help eat all the pumpkins. We sowed some Atlantic giants as an experiment and to our delight (and slight panic) they are thriving. I'll take some pics as soon as there is a bit more to show. We're sowing Summer veggies now and I'm nearly done planning and sowing, just need to get some corn and carrots in still.

Latest posts