Hello from Alabama!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I stumbled across the site googling after something and thought it would be fun to tag along with the crowd. The group seems to be a merry band of yellow submarine gardeners!

I keep a summer and winter garden, a fair sized yard with a lot of trees and compost. I spread manure compost, reapply compost and sometimes I apply compost on the compost.

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do believe I would find a use for a seed mat under my feet up there! Interior winters are so much colder than winters near water.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winters are useful, and I enjoy them. :)
I appreciate the change and the more relaxed schedule I have.

What are you growing right now?
We love pictures too by the way so don't be shy!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The garden has radish, beets, carrots, broccoli, chard, spinach and sugar snap snow peas. It grows 4x slower in the winter but we generally stay close enough to freezing to not have too much trouble. We might on Monday though, it is to hit 18f that evening. Coldest run of the year for us is the last half of January.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Will enjoy seeing your success while we up north are still fighting snow. Just be kind on pix-we love pix.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
IMG_20181226_143926.jpg

Here is a pic then of my new compost spreader. It filters and leaves a fine layer. I love Black Kow manure compost but at 150 bucks a cubic yard it is economically important to spread it evenly, and suprisingly hard to do without either heavier equipment or lots of shoveling and raking.

Latest posts