Hello from Colorado

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi. I'm on all of the sister sites, actually not exactly. I started on BYC and joined BYH this summer and then TSS some time ago. I've quit BYC but am staying with the other two. I'm a 4H chicken raiser that happens to help in a family garden. We plant a variety of things each year. My dad leads everything from the start. Then come fall it is my job to pick peppers and tomatoes and give the "bad" tomatoes to the chickens, I love my girls a bit too much and give a few more then I need to to my babies. Come fall we tend make a lot of things like: Zucchini bread or cake, salsa, and many other garden products.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG! I'm pleased to see that you started right in by posting your intro. I noticed that you had joined (on the membership page) and almost said, "HOWDY!" then, but so many who join never get past the joining.

This is a great site for gardening -- and everything else at times. I hope you will feel comfortable here and work yourself into being an active member.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello from Missouri. Glad to have you aboard! What kind of chickens do you have? We used to have a teenager on here as a frequent poster, but I think he and his family moved, and he may have had to give up his garden and chickens. So we haven't heard from @TheSeedObsesser lately. Anyway, we're generally pretty family-friendly. I bet you will consider yourself a gardener before long!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow @Poka_Doodle :welcome from the east coast of IA where the Mississippi runs east to west! Glad to see you have jumped right in. Hope to see more of you.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you for a good welcome. @Smart Red I understand. I had thoughts about coming with the member count but I'm glad I've come.

Latest posts