Hello from Colorado

colcol

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So happy to have found this site and looking forward to learning, growing and sharing.
Garden is addicting and I have a fairly small garden space, but as my energy level allows, my lawn is shrinking! Recently became obsessed with Natives but still have my favorites of Poppies and Zinnias. Also recently addicted to tomatoes, then sweet peppers, and now bush beans! It's never ending but oh what fun it is!

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from east Texas! I used to live in town, a few blocks from my small town “downtown”. I kept some hens in the back yard and gardened in the front yard. I mixed flowers in with my vegetables. You can raise a lot in a small space.

Glad you joined the forum. We love pictures so feel free to post all you want!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... oh what fun it is!
Yes it is! Welcome to TEG :frow

I understand that some parts of Colorado have had a rough Winter. You might be tired of the cold and snow and ready to be outdoors enjoying Nature.

Which side of the mountains are you on?

Steve

Last edited:

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So happy to have found this site and looking forward to learning, growing and sharing.
Garden is addicting and I have a fairly small garden space, but as my energy level allows, my lawn is shrinking! Recently became obsessed with Natives but still have my favorites of Poppies and Zinnias. Also recently addicted to tomatoes, then sweet peppers, and now bush beans! It's never ending but oh what fun it is!
Welcome to the forum colcol from the Pacific Northwest! I think you will love it here!

colcol

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from east Texas! I used to live in town, a few blocks from my small town “downtown”. I kept some hens in the back yard and gardened in the front yard. I mixed flowers in with my vegetables. You can raise a lot in a small space.

Glad you joined the forum. We love pictures so feel free to post all you want!
Thank you! A couple decades ago I raised chickens, ducks, geese, & had a couple peacocks when lived on the farm. I miss my poultry sometimes. Had a blast with the incubator!

colcol

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:welcome from Central IL. Yes, gardening IS addictive. Please be sure to put your general location with your avatar. I will forget where you live when you start posting.
Yes, that would be very helpful to know where people are posting from! I'm still working my way around the site and hope to find it here soon. Thank you!

colcol

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes it is! Welcome to TEG :frow

I understand that some parts of Colorado have had a rough Winter. You might be tired of the cold and snow and ready to be outdoors enjoying Nature.

Which side of the mountains are you on?

Steve
Hello! After the last few drought years, and the fact that I can stay put in my warm house, I don't mind all the snow we've gotten here. I'm on the northeastern plains of Colorado, east side of the mountains -- not as rough a winter as others! However, I'm eagerly awaiting spring to find out what perennials survived the pile of snow on top of them for most of the winter. But I've got plenty of replacements wintersowing out there now.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan.

you'll perhaps find out that many perennials do well when covered with snow for the winter, it acts as a blanket and buffer against the colder freezes. :)

let us know how it turns out.

as for bush beans... there's quite a number of us bean lovers here and we have many conversations about them... ;) i'm pretty sure i even mumble to myself in my sleep... :)

Latest posts