Hello from Detlor Poultry

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hello,
I grow many varieties and crossbreeds of squash, and I also tend to a flower garden.
Just for curiositiy's sake, I grow and sell crossbred winter squash from these original varieties:
- Burgess Buttercup
- Sweet Dumpling Acorn
- Amish Pie Pumpkin
- Red October Delicious
- Full Moon Pumpkin
- King Golden Hubbard
- Fairytale Pumpkin

And here's a list of the plants in my flower garden:
- Gazania
- Cosmos
- Heliotrope
- Flax
- Stocks
- Sea Lavender
- Chimney Bluebells
- Trilliums
- Deadnettles
- Virgin's Bower
- Bearbind
- Morning Glory
- Lamb's Ears
- Hardy Lilies (2 kinds)
- Daylily
- Elisianthus
- Peonies (3 herbaceous types)
- English Daisies
- Several Creepers

I also operate Detlor Poultry, based on our farm. I raise several rare and new breeds of chickens and ducks, but I'll leave that to BYC :welcome

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ontario.
Yes, Squash do take up lots of space. That's why it's good to get varieties that are very prolific, like Burgess (we had about 50 growing from 3 plants last year. Then the frost came. We harvested only about 20). However, varieties like Amish Pie pumpkin and Honey Bear Acorn are on the 5 fruits per plant side. All the squash we have and the Amish Pie Pumpkin, are varieties of the same species, so we're letting nature take it's course. Every year there is something different. I only actually sell surplus squash, not like even a small business. Last year we only had pie pumkin and burgess, but we've expanded! This spring, we'll be growing the varieties I listed! I should say that we will be raising Burgess/Amish Pie crosses, because crossing almost ascertainably happened.
www.bessemerpoultry.webs.com

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
TEGWelcome01email.jpg

Latest posts