Hello from England

Garrett

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, I've lurked for a while and enjoyed reading about everyone's gardens, but this year I thought I'd join in.

I particularly like growing beans, tomatoes and squash with as many different shapes, sizes and colours as I can fit. I also enjoy growing herbs and flowers.

Growing from seed (and saving seed) each year is a particular interest of mine and I Iove reading stories about the history of varieties that have been handed down.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I particularly like growing beans, tomatoes and squash with as many different shapes, sizes and colours as I can fit. I also enjoy growing herbs and flowers.
Hello Garrett,

Welcome from Canada! Your garden interests mirror mine almost exactly, and I too love hearing the stories behind the seeds. When we grow out these fascinating heirloom varieties from the past, it is as though we are being handed a baton to continue the efforts of those gardeners who came before us. I look forward to hearing about what you are sowing, and how your garden grows in the UK.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hello and welcome from mid-Michigan. :)

i'm not sure why i didn't see your post when it was made, but now at least someone(s) have followed up so it got more chances. :)

add onions, garlic and peppers to your list and you've got what we grow here (besides the flowers and some ground covers that also flower).

how do your tomatoes do there?

and beans, i always enjoy hearing about what kinds of beans you grow.

Garrett

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
how do your tomatoes do there?
Tomatoes do very well for me. I don't have a greenhouse so they have to take their chances outside. I generally grow cherry and medium sized tomatoes with the occasional experiment with large beefsteaks (Orange Jazz last year which did surprisingly well albeit very late).

Last year my favourite was Green Zebra so I'm growing more of those this summer.

Decoy1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello Garrett. I’ll add my welcome too, from England. We have met on a different forum.
I look forward to hearing more of what you’re growing. When do you start your tomatoes?

Latest posts