Hello from northeast Texas!

Wyndsong

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! I love to garden, it will be fun having a fellow TEGer close by! Chickens are great to have. Deep litter and they make compost for you! Fresh eggs are the best! Glad to meet you!
Hi there! yes I was excited to see that someone in my area was here and in the Herd forum too! You're doing pretty much what I want to do so I may stalk you a little bit here and there! LOL Not really, I'm not creepy! 😜

@Ridgerunner Black eyed peas and sweet potatoes are definitely on my list of things I want to try! We bought a couple of tomatoe plants on Saturday, on a whim, to put into our vertical grower. Tomatoes and Peppers, of course the hardest to grow, are my all time favorite foods and I use them in just about everything! I need to take pictures and post them!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! Y'all are the sweetest! <3

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from ths San Francisco bay area! I won't be much help since my weather and times of planting is so different. But maybe I can inspire you in some small way.

I have about 7 fruit trees which I keep pruned small, 4 hens, raised 4x8 veggie beds and a couple small ground beds. I've managed to squeeze 13 tomato plants too! I've also planted zuccini in 20 gal. grow bags this year. I try to pack as much as I can in this small city lot.

Mary

Wyndsong

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@baymule Thank you! I will... it might be later in the summer before I can get out there. Still recovering from back surgery in March... Slow healing, but definitely getting better every day. I'd love to pick your brains and see what all I can learn from you!

Wyndsong

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from ths San Francisco bay area! I won't be much help since my weather and times of planting is so different. But maybe I can inspire you in some small way.

I have about 7 fruit trees which I keep pruned small, 4 hens, raised 4x8 veggie beds and a couple small ground beds. I've managed to squeeze 13 tomato plants too! I've also planted zuccini in 20 gal. grow bags this year. I try to pack as much as I can in this small city lot.

Mary
That's a lot! We're wanting to have a small orchard of fruit and nut trees too. There's already a Walnut tree on the property and I think a pecan tree... I think those two trees grow like weeds out here. From what I understand it's difficult to grow citrus and nectarines out here. citrus is possible if you keep the tree small enough that you can bring it indoors when it's cold. Not sure we want to go through all that trouble. LOL

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule Thank you! I will... it might be later in the summer before I can get out there. Still recovering from back surgery in March... Slow healing, but definitely getting better every day. I'd love to pick your brains and see what all I can learn from you!
Don't do anything to mess up your surgery! Glad you are getting better, just take it easy. Y'all are welcome to come out any time!

Finnie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I found this site through BackYardChickens, where I have the same name on all the sister sites.
Hello, Wyndsong, welcome! We are talking about you over on BYH. (About how some of us have stalked @baymule and learned a lot from her.) She writes great posts. Since it looks like you are a member on all 4 sites, I will tag you over there so you can join in.

There is a member there named @seniletexasaggie who found BYH from a google search where Baymule’s “I Hate Greenbriers” thread came up. He liked that thread so much that he joined BYH, and started reading all of Baymule’s threads. Then he went on to “stalk” other members.

I do the same thing. When I find someone whose posts are interesting, I go to their profile and find all the threads they have started and read them all. (Or almost all 😂)

See you around, here and on the other sites!

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome Wyndsong!

What part of NETex are you? I'm just South of I-20 about an hour or so East of Baymule, or there abouts.

I got chickens 6-7yrs ago and started gardening after. Had to do something with all that lovely poo!
I have RA, so garden in raised beds. Traditional gardening is too hard on my joints.

Wyndsong

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome Wyndsong!

What part of NETex are you? I'm just South of I-20 about an hour or so East of Baymule, or there abouts.

I got chickens 6-7yrs ago and started gardening after. Had to do something with all that lovely poo!
I have RA, so garden in raised beds. Traditional gardening is too hard on my joints.
I'm in Tyler. Just outside of city limits actually.

Raised beds for me too. I have a broken back and arthritis, so bending over is difficult. I bought a cute little garden scooter that is comfy and handy! Should be getting chickens soon. Though!! Squeegee!!

Latest posts