Hello from Nova Scotia

hillsvale

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
many thanks, the self sufficient person in me is having a rough time growing anything but animals these days... need all the help I can get!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Do you know what growing zone you are in?? Would love to hear about your gardening attempts!

hillsvale

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
we are in zone 5B, maybe a bit warmer than that generally but this year was very cold to start and I lost most of my roma tomato seedlings right off the bat. the second round went out in July because the spring was so wet and cold and now I have huge 2-3' across plants with hundreds of little tomatoes and fall is setting in! I have posted about puttng them in pots and bringing them inside but I haven't a response yet.... hubby doesn't want me to! lol

My Simon has planted potatoes (which the chickens, turkeys and sheep dug up!) and carrots, turnip and parsnips... he got 4 carrots.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Hillsvale! I love to hear from people far away! I'm so curious about how gardening is over there. You will LOVE this site. It has alot of great friendly people with great advise/experience.

Mary

hillsvale

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
thank you Mary... with both of us working full time and running a farm we need all the help we can get! I just snuck outside (I am on the last couple vacation days) and its beautiful and sunny out so I think to myself that the tomatoes will be fine.... then I remember the sweatshirt I had to wear last night! lol

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:welcome Welcome from a fellow Canadian. We're at opposite ends of this great country! Hope to visit the maritimes some day (farthest I've been east is Ontario and Quebec). Enjoy gardening and TEG - great people here who are a wealth of knowledge. :rainbow-sun

Latest posts