Hello from NW Georgia!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from north Idaho!

The farmers I bought my goats from have a bee setup like that. Very interesting. Your place sounds very productive!

gigi56

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from Arkansas, glad you joined us. :frow

It's amazing how much you can pack into a small pace, just ask @ninnymary and she does it with taste and style. When you can in your busy schedule photos would be nice to see how you manage it. I like that idea of a doggie moat. What kind of dogs do you have in there?

I think my next "project" for the winter when things slow down is to rabbit-proof my 50' x 75' garden. It's fenced for deer but rabbits have been causing a lot of pain the last few years. It's time to fix that. The main fence will be easy, just put an apron around it. Take some wire, I'll probably use chicken wire since it's cheap and not that hard to work with, and put it on the bottom 18" or so vertically and bend it so I can lay another section flat on the ground, probably buried an inch or two. That should close up any gaps. The small wooden people gate will be pretty easy too, just put a 4" x 4" or maybe a 4" x 6" sill for the bottom of the gate to bump against when closed, and fill in any gaps. I haven't figured out the 10' wire gate yet, that will probably be a total rebuild, though I'm thinking about that.

Just jump right in any thread you see or start some of your own. Make yourself to home and once again :frow

gigi56

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:frow Welcome from Arkansas, glad you joined us. :frow

It's amazing how much you can pack into a small pace, just ask @ninnymary and she does it with taste and style. When you can in your busy schedule photos would be nice to see how you manage it. I like that idea of a doggie moat. What kind of dogs do you have in there?

I think my next "project" for the winter when things slow down is to rabbit-proof my 50' x 75' garden. It's fenced for deer but rabbits have been causing a lot of pain the last few years. It's time to fix that. The main fence will be easy, just put an apron around it. Take some wire, I'll probably use chicken wire since it's cheap and not that hard to work with, and put it on the bottom 18" or so vertically and bend it so I can lay another section flat on the ground, probably buried an inch or two. That should close up any gaps. The small wooden people gate will be pretty easy too, just put a 4" x 4" or maybe a 4" x 6" sill for the bottom of the gate to bump against when closed, and fill in any gaps. I haven't figured out the 10' wire gate yet, that will probably be a total rebuild, though I'm thinking about that.

Just jump right in any thread you see or start some of your own. Make yourself to home and once again :frow

I love mutts! Have 3 rescues, about 30 pounds each. The newest is a tall rat terrier/beagle mix who is extremely serious about his job! LOL! We added him because our oldest pup is growing blinder, deafer, and stiffer every day. Sweet old thing!

gigi56

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Your space sounds amazing! What do you do with all your fruit, sell it at farmer's markets? I would love to see pictures.

Mary
The orchard is only a couple of years old, so we only got a basket-full this year. Even at full production, we probably won't have much extra. It's only about 25 x 40 feet of (tightly packed) space. The picture has wheat grass growing from the seeds in the straw. We'll be turning that under next week.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    333.6 KB · Views: 165

Latest posts