Hello from Pennsylvania!

Mrs. Thankful

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
A great big hello!

I found this website from another forum I frequent & thought I would pop in! It looks like a great place so I joined :)

I live in PA with my husband, daughter (8) and mother (zone 7). My husband and I are both learning and loving to garden. We are nuts about eating from our garden, preserving the harvest, as well as planting to encourage birds and other pollinators to our home.

I am self-employed so I am able to work from home as well as home school. We are trying to cultivate a tiny homestead bit by bit.

I'm the type who salivates over seed catalogs & garden photos!

I look forward to meeting everyone :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to TEG, Mrs. Thankful! :frow Nice intro. TEG is a friendly and helpful group and we hope you enjoy your time here. I'm homeschooling my 8-year-old daughter too (and a 3-year-old daughter as well.) Jump right in and make yourself at home. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
hi-1.gif
and, Welcome, Mrs Thankful.

My cousin lives in Bethlehem and teaches at Lehigh. Or, he did; he is an olde guy now.

My son lived in Altoona for a while but that's not very close to your home. I like that name, tho'. Seems like they should make kids' shows in a place called Altoona ;).

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome, :frow welcome, :frow welcome, @Mrs. Thankful. (love the name) We are a fun group who are serious about our gardens. If you are already in the "nuts about" gardening realm, you have found a home here.

I like your plan to "cultivate a tiny homestead bit by bit". Starting too big is many a prospective gardener's downfall. How big is "a tiny homestead"? There are those here with very small gardening lots to those with more acreage than is needed for the garden. I probably fit somewhere in between with my 30 acres in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Did you find us through your chickens (BYC)? Or through your farm animals (BYH)? Either way, you will find that many of us have -- or dream of having -- chickens, sheep, goats, pigs, rabbits -- those smaller farm animals that make a tiny homestead more self-sufficient.

:frow Howdy, once again.:frow Glad to have you growing with us!

Latest posts