Hello from Schleiden, Germany

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Guten tag, @Phaedra Geiermann , und willkommen! (that's about all I can remember from my high school German class). ;) Good to hear from you. Many of the people in my part of Wisconsin are of German ancestry.
Hi Zeedman, German is my 4th foreign language, I just learned it when I moved here :D
But, after learning German, my English did become worse, hahaha~

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! I’m delighted that you have joined us! I would love to hear about your garden. It is the heat of summer here, what season is it in Germany?
In Germany it's also summer, but this year the spring is quite cool, just had our first heat wave two weeks ago, now the temperature is 15~20 degree C. Seems the next heat wave is heading to us.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi this is Phaedra from Germany, I found this site from Backyardchicken :D
As i didn't use Facebook, it's great to participate good forums to interact people who are really interested in specific topics and life styles.

Nice to be here!
Good too have you here. :)

This site and BYC is a thousand times better than other social websites.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Zeedman, German is my 4th foreign language, I just learned it when I moved here :D
But, after learning German, my English did become worse, hahaha~

i learned more German from Hogan's Heroes than i did from my college German course - i only lasted three weeks before i had to drop it. my brain was already too full of computer language memorization i had to do for the other course work.

the phrase that stuck was "ich bin krank" and years later i learned of kugel which fit into the noodles of my brain.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your garden space sounds amazing. I would love to see pictures. I garden on a small city lot so I'm always evious in a kind way of people who have so much space to garden in. But as I get older (soon to be 67) I'm rethinking my garden. For example I think I'll remove a fig tree whose fruit I seldom taste because of squirrels and replace it with a Lavatera tree. It's a small California native tree that blooms almost year round in our mild climate.

Mary

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your garden space sounds amazing. I would love to see pictures. I garden on a small city lot so I'm always evious in a kind way of people who have so much space to garden in. But as I get older (soon to be 67) I'm rethinking my garden. For example I think I'll remove a fig tree whose fruit I seldom taste because of squirrels and replace it with a Lavatera tree. It's a small California native tree that blooms almost year round in our mild climate.

Mary
Hi Mary, I opened a thread and will update photos there from time to time :)

Gardening is for me a kind of learning - compromise, priority, quality of patience, and etc, replacing the fig tree with Lavatera sounds nice, i believe that will bring some good new atmosphere to your garden.

Latest posts