Hello From Southern Illinois

RayB

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Notice I put Southern in there? When most say Illinois, Chicago is the first thing that comes to mind. there is a lot more to our state than Chicago. :)

Hi Folks. Names Ray. I live in VERY Southern Illinois. I am new to gardening and keeping up yards. Sure I have mowed lawns most of my life but never owned my own place and had to keep up with it.

I have some serious issues going on and your site was the one that came up in a search so here I am. Upon looking at the site, it was much more than what I was expecting.

I also am planning my very first garden of basic vegetables and hot peppers this year. I hope to learn loads from the folks and this site.

Take care!

Ray

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome Ray! It's great that you have the gardening bug. How big will your garden be and what will you grow? Besides veggies and peppers. ;) Do you plan on having any chickens? A lot of us have them, even me who has a very small city lot.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
How-dee, from South-est, central-est Wisconsin. Glad you found us and happy to help in any way we can with your future garden.

I'd say we were close neighbors, but I've driven to South-est Illinois and it is definitely NOT a short trip. Lots of good farmland down and around there. I hope you managed to snag yourself a goodly piece of the fertile stuff.

Stop by, sit a spell, and chat a while then ya'll come back again, ya hear?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow @RayB :welcome from the east coast of Iowa. ;) We have a 2 acre lot for a big garden and lots of weeds ... jump right in and make yourself at home.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Ray! Are you close to Cape Girardeau? I'm on the other side, west of Cape.
There is some beautiful country over there. Lots of Mark Twain National Forest. Wild and woolly. My DH used to go off-road MC riding over there, not sure why he hasn't lately; may have something to do with regulations, which Illinois has a lot of, lol.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas! Oh boy! We are so glad to have you here! Don't be afraid to ask any question, no matter how dumb you think it might be. We are very kind and helpful and love to help new gardeners! I hope you join in and become part of us blabberfingers that can't shut up. :lol: We love pictures, so post lots of them.

Latest posts