Hello from Sunny SE Arizona

sorinorrin

Sprout
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm very excited to find these sister sites to the Backyard chicken! I'm sure there will be as much useful information here as on that site. Anyone else in the Tucson, AZ area? Last year was my first real year of gardening and my tomatoes were amazing... or rather I should say my tomato plants were amazing! haha... this year I hope to tame them a little.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
:welcome from Central IL. Lots of us are also BYC members, but your posts won't get lost here. Please be sure to put your general location with your avatar bc I will forget where you live when you start posting on threads.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome from South Western British Columbia! I think we already have something in common, because I had amazing out of control tomato plants this year too. Extra pruning is on my list of tomato-things-to-do once July rolls around again.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greetings! I'm very excited to find these sister sites to the Backyard chicken! I'm sure there will be as much useful information here as on that site. Anyone else in the Tucson, AZ area? Last year was my first real year of gardening and my tomatoes were amazing... or rather I should say my tomato plants were amazing! haha... this year I hope to tame them a little.
Welcome to TEG from the Pacific Northwest! I'm glad you found us! 😊

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Welcome from South Western British Columbia! I think we already have something in common, because I had amazing out of control tomato plants this year too. Extra pruning is on my list of tomato-things-to-do once July rolls around again.
DD bought me this great garden seat (w/pockets for tools.) It was great fun 2 years ago pruning up my tomato plants! MUCH easier to prune when you sit. :D
Didn't really need to do this in 2022 bc we went through a drought. I snipped off bottom leaves only.
This year I plan to try espaliering my tomatoes.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Southern WA. I went to U of A for my MS degree. Lived in a basement apt on Campbell Ave!! The weather was soooooo different from San Jose, that it took me and my yellow Vdub a year to acclimate!

Latest posts