Hello from Texas

txhomegrown

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I am happy to have found this forum. I am just getting started back gardening after a long pause. I bought 5 acres earlier this year and have a lot of work to do before I can start using it. It has been in hay for a long time so I will most likely be better off with raised beds. I have always done better starting off small and not biting off more than I can chew. The bigger the project, the easier it is to keep putting it off.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi txhomegrown, :frow and :welcome !

I lived in Killeen for about 2 years, but I didn't do much gardening back then. I think all I had was some snapdragons in a small bed out front. :p You guys have some tough growing conditions down there, for the most part.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Starting small is a great idea- this way you get some instant positive reinforcement! Will you live on the 5 acres, or just garden there?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome :rainbow-sun to TEH. You will love this site. Seems like you know alot about gardening already. Here's to a great gardening season!

I don't even know what 5 acres looks like. To used to my tiny city lot! :):(

Mary

Reaction score
Hey Yall, I'm in Huntsville, Texas. Just found this site. I'm a regular on Backyard chickens. DH and I live on one acre. Our garden suffered due to the drought and intense heat, and water bills. I think everyone's did this summer here in Texas. I worked really hard to keep my chickens cool. I am looking forward to my Spring/summer garden this year.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to you NinnyG! It was hard to believe the drought you guys had this year! In NY state, we had flooding, record rains! Mother nature can be cruel... Counting the days till the spring garden. Happy Gardening!

Latest posts