Hello from the northern Shenandoah Valley

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, pictures.....since you live in one of the most beautiful valleys in this nation, you could show us some pics. I used to live near Franklin, Wv, so just over the mountain from your location. Stunning views, huge and beautiful farms, verdant and absolutely lovely right now.

DoozyWombat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice to hear you are planting natives. I just finished a virtual gardening talk/garden tours for the last 3 Sundays. They were 5 hours long! Full of great information. Whenever something dies I will slowly replace with natives for our pollinators. So far I've planted 3 this past week. Two were native yarrows and one a salvia commonly known as hummingbird bush.

Under my Fuyu persimmon I have made a monarch habitat with milkweed and other plants for them along with a watering plate.

Mary

Nice! We have yarrow everywhere, and we've planted several salvia species. We are fortunate to have a native plants nursery near us. Every plant is identified by its taxonomic name as well as the common one, along with range, soil, and other useful information.

We had an ash tree that was killed by the ash borer and Japanese beetles. Instead of cutting it down, we cut off the limbs and left the standing trunk, so it can become home to cavity nesters, and we have one of the new honeysuckles training up the trunk.

DoozyWombat

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yes, pictures.....since you live in one of the most beautiful valleys in this nation, you could show us some pics. I used to live near Franklin, Wv, so just over the mountain from your location. Stunning views, huge and beautiful farms, verdant and absolutely lovely right now.

It is gorgeous, yes. I'll try to get some pics to post, although most of the flowering plants are already done.