Hello from the Pacific Northwest!

FaerieGlynne

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm located just outside of Portland and though I plant a garden every year, I'm always just a little disappointed. This year I've got an awesome greenhouse and will soon be getting ducks which will hopefully keep the pests down!
Hello everyone! I look forward to your expert advice and virtual hand holding!

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@FaerieGlynne , :welcome I'm north of you on the other side of the border, I think our growing conditions are somewhat similar. I've gardened all my life but still learning, lots of very knowledgeable people here, so if you have questions fire away.

Annette

FaerieGlynne

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@FaerieGlynne , :welcome I'm north of you on the other side of the border, I think our growing conditions are somewhat similar. I've gardened all my life but still learning, lots of very knowledgeable people here, so if you have questions fire away.

Annette
Thank you! I'm actually a tiny bit higher and cooler than Portland so we are that much more similar!

This is the year I'm finally going to be proud of my garden so I'm sure I'll have a few questions :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome @FaerieGlynne! Sounds like you have way more space than I do! I lucky I have 5 chickens and manage to grow quite a bit in my tiny yard. You're going to enjoy being here. Everyone is very nice, helpful, but sometimes a little bit goofy in a good way. ;)

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Faerie Glynne , I am between you and anftermidnight just North of Vacouver, Wa.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm going to leave the west and welcome you from the heartland. Glad you found us. We are looking to learn from you also.

Love the screen name.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi there. Welcome from South East Missouri. I seem to remember Portland as having really nice weather. Lots of rhodies and ferns, no poison ivy or chiggers.
The exact opposite of South East Missouri.
But welcome, anyway!

FaerieGlynne

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks all for the warm welcome! I just need someone to tell me exactly what to start when lol!

I do have a lot of room, but most of it is downhill on the Northside so not much sun. I've got an area that I want the ducks to trample for a bit of a shade garden next year, a yard where I want to get rid of the grass and put in a red creeping thyme "lawn" I've already got my seeds from Burpee, and an decent sunny patch that is this year's garden. It's mostly covered in a deep layer of straw from the straw bale garden I tried unsuccessfully to do last year.

Last edited:

Latest posts