Hello from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan

BeanWonderin

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hello all. Thanks for all your contributions to this forum! I've enjoyed reading quite a bit and look forward to helping out wherever I can. As you might guess from my screen name, I've especially enjoyed the Little Easy Bean Network threads.

My family and I garden at a friend's farm near our home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (Houghton area). Though apples are my true passion, we also do a fair bit of vegetable gardening and occasionally flowers. Most years we keep around an acre in active plantings - largely potatoes, carrots, cabbage, sweet and meal corn, popcorn, squash and pumpkin, and beans, but I never can resist planting a bunch of tomatoes even though it's been years since I've had a good crop. We love planting the unique varieties and I am on a quest to see what grows best in our climate and soil.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice to meet you and welcome to TEG! @Ridgerunner it didn’t show up on mine either. Weird.

same here! just showed up.

welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan, but i know that area very well up there since i lived there for 15 years (went to MTU and then stayed for a while after i got my degree).

BeanWonderin

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome from Louisiana, glad you joined.

For some reason I just saw this post, I think it may have gotten delayed somehow. We're usually not this rude in welcoming people.
Thanks much! Yeah - I noticed a delay in the posting (almost re-wrote my post). My ethernet line must have had a clog.
same here! just showed up.

welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan, but i know that area very well up there since i lived there for 15 years (went to MTU and then stayed for a while after i got my degree).
Thank you! I came here to MTU and never left.

Latest posts