Hello from Tipton Ford, MO

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I'm thinking if potatoes were grown there~ that area world have been sifted of rocks~ you know how potatoes get deformed in rocky soil~ Ether way~ I made a tripod frame out of 2"X 4"s~ put chicken wire across two legs and shoveled the soil against the wire to remove the rocks~ moving the frame as I moved down the row```The rocks will collect in a tray or feed sack if put in front of the wire~ if you're hurting~ you can let that go~ all the thing you mentioned should have no trouble growing there except the tatoes```

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi @LilCamoHen ! Welcome! :frow

It sounds like you have been through a horrific trial. I'm glad to hear you are mending and interested in starting a garden.

Gardening can be a stress reducer if you don't take on a huge project all at once. I agree with the advice given to start small and slow and see what you learn.

Grow a little bit of everything you want to try and see what you like growing.

Potatoes are for me the most fun, I love the harvest, sitting in the dirt and pulling up treasures. Although I've had a few disappointing years lately, I always think next year will be glorious!

My soil is extremely rocky by the way and my spuds do just fine. :)

LilCamoHen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
fllowerbug: thank you for all the advice I am l feeling loved and cared for here and I promise pictures soon guys. I just got my phone operating properly again which means I can take pictures again.

LilCamoHen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i am so happy to have stumbled across y'all and my chicken blog as well!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3