hello from upstate N.Y,

donna13350

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Do tell! Which beans do you grow? I'm still in the figuring-it-out stage and haven't settled on which varieties are keepers (or how to manage the number of varieties I'd like to grow). I'm very interested to hear about your bean setup!
you asked for it LOL..the majority of what I grow are pole beans, I have cattle panels set up about 3 feet apart with chicken wire attached between them..this extends my row..I only grow 2 varieties of bush beans a year, I was told by someone years ago to interplant bush beans with potatoes and it kept potato bugs away and they were complimentary crops..don't know if it works or not, but that's just how I do it.
POLE
French Gold
Sisco's Bird Egg
X-mas Lima
Ping Zebra
Herenbohni
Rose
Mayflower
Monte Gusto
Autumn Zebra
Faulkner's Cornfield
Snow on the Mountain
Striped Romano
Kanawake Mohawk
Myrtle Bates Greasy Cutshort
Lingua Di Fuoco ??? Long ago lost correct spelling for this one
O Driscoll
Long Lake
Emerite
Fortex

BUSH
Appaloosa
Canario
Kievito
Spanish Tolosan
Blue Lake

Plus the long beans and soup peas...I usually plant a third every year but last year I had trouble with a ground hog, so I will have to squeeze in a couple varieties that I need seed for...such is gardening, win some lose some!

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
you asked for it LOL..the majority of what I grow are pole beans, I have cattle panels set up about 3 feet apart with chicken wire attached between them..this extends my row..I only grow 2 varieties of bush beans a year, I was told by someone years ago to interplant bush beans with potatoes and it kept potato bugs away and they were complimentary crops..don't know if it works or not, but that's just how I do it.
POLE
French Gold
Sisco's Bird Egg
X-mas Lima
Ping Zebra
Herenbohni
Rose
Mayflower
Monte Gusto
Autumn Zebra
Faulkner's Cornfield
Snow on the Mountain
Striped Romano
Kanawake Mohawk
Myrtle Bates Greasy Cutshort
Lingua Di Fuoco ??? Long ago lost correct spelling for this one
O Driscoll
Long Lake
Emerite
Fortex

BUSH
Appaloosa
Canario
Kievito
Spanish Tolosan
Blue Lake

Plus the long beans and soup peas...I usually plant a third every year but last year I had trouble with a ground hog, so I will have to squeeze in a couple varieties that I need seed for...such is gardening, win some lose some!
LOL! Great answer! There are only a few names that I recognize in your list.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
New here, but not new to gardening. I've been growing vegetables for 30 years, I love to learn from other gardeners. I grow organic, so I have some challenges with insects, and many critters over the years. Looking forward to 23 growing season.
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest!