Hello! I’m in Oakdale, CA.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I live in the middle of the state and our county's Dem (running unopposed) SA has been prosecuting looters. Youngest DD is an asst SA in her office.
Still, 1/3 of ALL new guns sales are to people who have never owned a gun, and it is believed that 1/4 adults are now legal gun owners.

Marewartin

Sprout
Reaction score
Bermuda grass. Pour gasoline on it, light ‘er up! And it will come back in the spring! LOL

Welcome to the forum from Texas. You can raise a lot of vegetables in small beds.

I’ll trade my Creeping Charlie, ragweed, lambs quarters, crab grass, spotted spurge and thorny pigweed for your Bermuda! AARRGGHH!! No matter what the weed, they are a pain.
Think I’ll hold off on the fire... It’s hot enough out here—107-110 the next 4-5 days! 🤯🥵

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Better solution would be to fertilize your lawn heavily this Fall. Most of us live on properties that have had many, many owners and the soil is just worn out, encouraging weeds, bc it is natural for plants to cover bare dirt.
You will never rid yourself of Bermuda grass , but you can create a healthier lawn that will fight back for the space.
If you can, make manure tea from horse, rabbit, goat or cow manure. You cook it in a bucket for a week, dilute and "water" the lawn. It can make a big difference and you won't start yet aNOTHER CA fire!

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Oh, the Lawn ~ some people have done well ~ By covering the lawn with cardboard, covering it with dirt so it won't blow away( I heard that here on this forum ``` ~ don't use anything with glyphosate ~ that would be like swatting a fly off your face with a hammer ```

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh yes, we escaped California with our lives intact. We came up here for fewer taxes and more water. All of my family is still in the Bay Area. Of course, we have a Gov Brown too, since she's the sis of Gov Moonbeam. AAUUGHH

Marewartin

Sprout
Reaction score
Better solution would be to fertilize your lawn heavily this Fall. Most of us live on properties that have had many, many owners and the soil is just worn out, encouraging weeds, bc it is natural for plants to cover bare dirt.
You will never rid yourself of Bermuda grass , but you can create a healthier lawn that will fight back for the space.
If you can, make manure tea from horse, rabbit, goat or cow manure. You cook it in a bucket for a week, dilute and "water" the lawn. It can make a big difference and you won't start yet aNOTHER CA fire!
Thanks!

Latest posts