Hello, new member

shachar

Sprout
Reaction score
@shachar and @baymule

this is as close as i've got, a cross between Red Ryder and Pink Tip. this picture doesn't do them justice, it is more orange than brown or yellow, the red hints around the edges are so sweet.

p1140010_Red_Hints.jpg

i've planted several rows of this bean this year so if i get a harvest i'll have pictures.

they are sun dried? because that usually darkens the colour

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
they are sun dried? because that usually darkens the colour

they get darker as they age. no i don't sun dry any of the beans, but they are left in open cardboard box tops until they have dried enough so that they won't spoil when placed in smaller containers. most of the time my harvests of specific seeds and selections are not enough to put in larger containers unless the seeds are of the bulk plants so i use small plastic sample containers with tops to keep things from spilling all over the place. when you have hundreds of samples you don't want them to have too many open tops if you ever drop the box or bump it against something. and, yes, this is speaking from personal experiences... :)

i do have various other yellow to golden colored beans, but they are not what i would consider orange.

before

p2210014_Bean_Sorting_thm.jpg

after

p4150005_Bean_Sorting_Fin_thm.jpg

bean project page:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am here because I am looking for orange beans, I work in chinese medicine so it has medicinal use
Hello :)

I hope you start a thread here on your Chinese medicine that must be interesting

:welcome

Latest posts