Hello sir/ma

Tobi

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from Louisiana, glad you joined. It's always fun to have people from different areas here.

I worked in Nigeria in the oil patch down in the Delta for a couple of years in Escravos. Wondering what you grow in greenhouses in Lagos State, it's such a tropical area. One memory is that I got some of the sweetest pineapple I've ever had over there. I suspect it was allowed to ripen before harvest and picked fresh.
Thanks
I grow bell pepper both yellow and green.

Tobi

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:welcome from UK

You will find a good few answers in here but unfortunately not from me, I am the most useless garden

hello and welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan USoA. :) what was your issue and did you find the answer?
Thanks,
I was a bit worried when I noticed mushroom growing up from the whole growbag after 3days drenching. The soil was just sterilized (with fire)with poultry manure and I'm surprised to be seeing mushroom because I understand mushroom grows from fungi. I was now thinking if that mean there are still fungi which could possibly affect my tomatoes or bell pepper in this soil after sterilized. Then I found a post from this group concerning such issue and it gave me a better answer to my question.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks,
I was a bit worried when I noticed mushroom growing up from the whole growbag after 3days drenching. The soil was just sterilized (with fire)with poultry manure and I'm surprised to be seeing mushroom because I understand mushroom grows from fungi. I was now thinking if that mean there are still fungi which could possibly affect my tomatoes or bell pepper in this soil after sterilized. Then I found a post from this group concerning such issue and it gave me a better answer to my question.

:) do you grow hot peppers too or only the milder kinds? we have some dedicated pepper growers here. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Texas! We are so glad to have you join us! We are a friendly bunch and will love hearing more about your garden. Do you raise the bell peppers for market?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks,
I will leave this to the experts in here. I would very much interested to know the answer :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will leave this to the experts in here. I would very much interested to know the answer :)

the quick answer is that it is actually rare for a fungus to attack a living plant unless there is some other kind of damage going on. not 100% as some can be problems, but most are harmless and are the kinds that feed on and digest dead plant materials or are symbionts or cohabitants. :)

Latest posts