Hello!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is where you introduce yourself, but as there doesn't seem to be other introduction threads here feel free to move it mods!

I just started gardening last year in the Pacific Northwest. I always had gardens as a girl in California, but essentially all I did was plant the starts I got from the garden and pick the fruit...I suspect my mother had much to do with the lack of weeds and well-watered plants in between. :) I just figured I had a green thumb.

Last year I planted a garden and learned 3,067 ways NOT to grow a garden. This year I've already learned one more way not to grow a garden. (The broccoli isn't supposed to grow rapidly. -.-) I'm hoping this year some plants will survive, and perhaps I'll even get some plants to live. :)

My big dream is to one day own a small organic farm specializing in farm fresh eggs (chickens at least, I am a pro at.) Hopefully this garden will be my next step on the way!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
AMKuska, Welcome to TEG, Plenty of info here and gardeners with experience to answer questions. What part of the state are you in, I am from Eastern Wa. near Spokane.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm from Washington, Tacoma area :D Pleased to meet you all!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, AMKuska!

I am from the dry side also ;).

There were several TEG gardeners from your part of the world but there were some very difficult, cold & dreary growing seasons. And then, last year - you had a drought!

Gardening is difficult enough without a near absence of a growing season or a sudden 180 in the climate. I hope things even out a little in your environment in 2014. Stay on your toes!

Steve

Latest posts