Help me i.d. this aggressive 'shrub.' -solved: Nandina domestica

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
If that goes then I think that darn Mulberry should go too! :he :somad

Joe :hide
:lol:

When my hatchet comes out this winter ('cause here in Texas we can do that in the winter) i'm sure that the mulberry saplings will be among the items laid to rest on the burn pile :hugs , along with the nandina and chinese privet. :barnie

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Chinese Privet is invasive hear! Thanks to Beefy we chopped ours down and killed it.

I think his exact words were to tie it to a brick, take it out on our pond and drown the __(bad word here)___.

Needless to say, it is one of the invasive trees that is now gone, while we try to plant some native species from the Arbor Day foundation.
lol :lol:

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
beefy said:
nandinas not so bad! it has a place in my landscape. beautiful berries and foliage.
Would you like me to save mine for you? Maybe it'll make beautiful berries and foliage at your place. :D

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
no i have some but mine arent invasive and if they come up somewhere from berries they are a piece of cake to pull up.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh my gosh... this rain has given me TOO much time on my hands today.

You have me back to reading and researching native plants to keep adding to my yard. We're having so much fun with this!

I want to add more bird houses and stuff too now. I'm doing a ton of research over on: http://www.nwf.org/gardenforwildlife/create.cfm

Maybe that will help you some :)

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
vfem said:
Oh my gosh... this rain has given me TOO much time on my hands today.

You have me back to reading and researching native plants to keep adding to my yard. We're having so much fun with this!

I want to add more bird houses and stuff too now. I'm doing a ton of research over on: http://www.nwf.org/gardenforwildlife/create.cfm

Maybe that will help you some :)
Does that mean y'all are going for certification? Looks like a great site. I had to bookmark it to go back later.

Beefy, would you please come over here and have a piece of cake pulling mine up? No pieces of cake have ever been had pulling up these suckers at my house. :barnie :he :rant :he :rant :th

Latest posts