help "name that seedling" please

Arielle35

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I got a pack of mixed wildflowers. I would really like to know what they are going to be so I know where abouts to plant them (lots of shade vs lots of sun)
the list on the seed pack is...
Wildflower Mixture "All Perennial" (16 Species)
Wallflower, Coreopsis, Blue Flax, Purple Coneflower, Lupine, Gaillardia, Sweet William, Shasta Daisy, Dwarf Columbine, Hyssop Lavender, Evening Primrose, Mexican Hat, Gloriosa Daisy, New England Aster, Black Eyed Susan, English Daisy

I have looked up each one individually and the seedlings are always after they have 2-3 sets of true leaves...im just curious if any one knows now... I think the one with a star true leaf is a lupine...but IDK...

9662_dl6.jpg

9662_dl7.jpg

9662_dl8.jpg

and i totally love the fuzzy leaves!!! they are so cute

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You probably got a sunny mixture, judging by the listed plants. So they all would be considered appropriate for sun. You may be able to identify them better when they are a bit bigger. No hurry, they can't be planted outside yet.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Top one is a Lupine. In case anyone wants to lose a bet, I'll gladly oblige ya :gig

Next 2 down I can't tell yet, but so far they look like daisy family plants, Compositae Asteraceae, but even that's hard to be certain of.

Those are likely your Gaillardia and Coreopsis, but time will tell.

Arielle35

Leafing Out
Reaction score
weeeeeell the pack was containing 2000 seeds. so i got on a program and one at a time look up all those seeds and seperated the very easily different ones and labled them... then there was a bag of all the little black seeds and labled them the 3 flowers they could be.
hahaha so the first 20 seeds planted...i have no clue.... but then a few of them i know excatly what seed i planted and labled it.
well itslike almost 4am and im half asleep... i gotta go say goodnight to the flowers... they love me talkin to them,,,take care

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG!
Arielle35 said:
weeeeeell the pack was containing 2000 seeds. so i got on a program and one at a time look up all those seeds and seperated the very easily different ones and labled them... then there was a bag of all the little black seeds and labled them the 3 flowers they could be.
hahaha so the first 20 seeds planted...i have no clue.... but then a few of them i know excatly what seed i planted and labled it.
well itslike almost 4am and im half asleep... i gotta go say goodnight to the flowers... they love me talkin to them,,,take care

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
First one is lupine and second is coneflower (I have them all over my yard and the leaves stick up straight like that). I do not know what the 3rd one is. I know it is not a Gaillardia, Shasta Daisy, New England Aster or Black Eyed Susan. I have all these in my yard and have not seen fuzzy leaves.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Teehee, next time you could buy them in individual labeled packs, Arielle!! Sounds like you're having fun, and that is the most important part! :D