Help! Poison Oak Rash!

Marie2020

Garden Ornament
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
210
Reaction score
214
Points
75
I would rather not take them But it was the ONLY thing that took care of the misery/agony. It is short term. Not like a daily long term dosage. When it is as bad as I had it you will do anything for relief. :(
I'm sad too know you're in a lot of pain, it's such a draw back. Many people are using turmeric ginger and cloves, the turmeric & ginger works well as anti inflammatories and the cloves help with various bacteria's, it is believed by many all 3 help to minimise many of the cancers.
I did a mini research and was lucky enough to find scientific results confirming this.

As for myself I won't use a pain killer anymore as I found they caused too many internal problems.
 

Dirtmechanic

Deeply Rooted
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Messages
562
Reaction score
891
Points
167
Location
Birmingham AL (Zone 8a)
Well the snail reducing cream is a bust. I bought two types, one a 90% concoction so I used that. Its like hydrocortisone 1% cream in that it stops itching and it maybe lasts a little longer. I did not mention it to my wife the day it came in, and that night I crawled into bed. She asked did I take a shower? Of course I did honey.
She said I smelled like an aquarium! Lol she goes through so much with me.
 

flowerbug

Garden Master
Joined
Oct 15, 2017
Messages
7,524
Reaction score
6,014
Points
317
Location
mid-Michigan, USoA
I would rather not take them But it was the ONLY thing that took care of the misery/agony. It is short term. Not like a daily long term dosage. When it is as bad as I had it you will do anything for relief. :(
yep. i've been lucky here with only one nasty case of poison something but wow was it something i never want to repeat. i'm a lot more careful now (and i will remove a pair of gloves and replace them with others if i suspect i've been into something that might react).

Mom gets hives bad at times and the steroids are all that help her. we now know that some food additives are also triggers for her on top of the normal suspects like poison ivy and sap from some of the garden plants.
 

seedcorn

Garden Master
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
8,844
Reaction score
7,632
Points
397
Location
NE IN
Well the snail reducing cream is a bust. I bought two types, one a 90% concoction so I used that. Its like hydrocortisone 1% cream in that it stops itching and it maybe lasts a little longer. I did not mention it to my wife the day it came in, and that night I crawled into bed. She asked did I take a shower? Of course I did honey.
She said I smelled like an aquarium! Lol she goes through so much with me.
Did you ask her if freshwater or salt water?
 
Top