help with Marigold, Bachelors Buttons, Zinnia, and Shasta Daisies

Sindoora

Sprout
Reaction score
OK

I went to the dollar store today and got like 4 packs(of seeds) of marigolds, 2 zinnia 2 bachelors buttons and 1 shasta daisy.

I came home and found my old 29 gal tank that i had the turtle in long ago. I bleached it down and washed it out really good

We have really good soil so I threw together some plant food and some of the soil. Mixed it with water and put it into the tank

Next I just made a few long rows and i dumped each packet into each row. Each row is 2 in away from one another.

And when i dumped in the seeds, i forgot to space them, so i went back and spaced them

Wattered a bit, Covered em up(with mesh) and let them sit in the sun. Now i covered that with plastic and is inside the porch.

Am I doing it right. Any help/suggestions?

katnmo

Sprout
Reaction score
sounds pretty good to me. My philosophy is that anything that comes up and looks pretty is a success. Is the tank all glass? At least you will be able to see if you are getting too much water in there. As warm as it is now I doubt it will take long to germinate. At any rate, enjoy the fruits of your labor. I did the soil in a pot thing a few times and discovered that the soil packed down so hard it was hard for the plants to come up through it. Now I use potting soil in pots it is just looser although it will still sometimes pack down too much. I'm still experimenting too.

Sindoora

Sprout
Reaction score
The tank is all glass with a mesh top. I covered that so it wont get to cold at night.