HELP!!!!!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
wazine is a good start if you are deworming for your first round. it seems to be gentle on them before your second round with something a little stronger. i've gone more of an organic route with using pumpkins as a dewormer. giving minced garlic is also a good way to help keep them healthy and somewhat worm free. just make sure you change out their bedding they could have pooped in and their run area so it is free of any possible worms that they could re-ingest. some deworming methods don't really kill the parasites, just makes them temporarily paralyzed to release their hold on the insides.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
ON BYC there are lots of posts about hens eating their own eggs. Don't worry too much about it. It happens. Here's how to prevent it becoming a habit:
1) Keep the water full at all times. Birds stress when they are thirsty.
2) Feed them oyster shell free choice and keep it available. Birds will eat eggs that break bc the shells are too thin. Your feed doesn't supply enough calcium to prevent this.
3) Don't let the food bowl become empty. Hungry birds will eat what there is to eat.
4) Remove broken shells and clean up the leftover insides. Help them forgot about the incident as quickly as possible. =b

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you ducks4you.... I am not having that problem now unless one gets broken and I dont know about it. My problem now is I think they have worms. At least a few of them, not all of them yet. I gave them some warzine this morning and they are drinking the water, but I only gave them the one water canister today to make sure they drink the medicated water. All the pullets are using the nest boxes except for maybe 2. That's ok with me though. I know where they lay the eggs and about the time frame to expect them. I check the coop quite often too.