Helping

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The American Relief Administration was set up to aid Europe after World War I. Herbert Hoover was the program director.

March 3, 2018 91852 PM PST.png

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve did you watch the documentary on pbs? I was reading up on it after I saw your post . Very interesting history, I wouldn’t mind seeing the program.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did not, @Collector . And, didn't know about it

• On Twitter, I follow an author who writes on local food, recipes and education programs.
  • He shared a link to a Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection webpage on local food security.
  • Somehow, I got from that webpage to a newspaper interview with another local food author & academic :hu.
There was that poster! I read about Herbert Hoover's work on Wikipedia. I remember him as a vigorous olde fellow from when I was a kid. It really looks like that was what he was known for. His relief work thru World War 1 and after was what brought him to the attention of Americans.

:D Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was looking at some articles about it and they mentioned a pbs documentary. I will try to find the name of it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
that and the program which helped a lot after WWII were what i consider primary examples of what a supposedly Christian nation would do because it was the right thing to do.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a great example from history for that topic would be the Romans and how they pretty much denuded their entire empire to bring free food back for their citizens, much of it has never really recovered from that...

Latest posts